here’s a timeline of the precursor to my journey with the peace corps. this timeline does not include every single update i underwent, but gives a good general picture of my application process.
- (late) january 2010: considered and prayed about joining peace corps. did some research. made the decision to join/apply for the peace corps. met with a recruiter 1/28/10 (this is not a necessary first step, just what i decided to do as a part of my research process). later, started online application process.
- (early) february 2010: finished online application.
- (early) march 2010: all letters of recommendation submitted (thanks, yall!).
- (late) march 2010: received call from my recruiter. in-person interview held on 3/31/10. nominated same day for central or south america for february 2011. finished fingerprinting and background checks.
- april 2010: underwent medical evaluations and a few vaccines. submitted medical evaluation by mail at the end of april.
- june 2010: because of moldy apartment, had to send an update of my medical file to the peace corps.
- (early) september 2010: finally medically cleared (after 5 months)!
- november 10, 2010: phone interview with placement officer.
- november 23, 2010: received official invitation to serve by mail! assignment: dominican republic, march 2, 2010.
- march 1, 2011: to board plane for staging in washington, d.c.
- march 2, 2011: to board plane for santo domingo, dominican republic! 🙂